Half Hollow Nursery was established in 1952 by Lloyd Rasweiler on 40 acres in Dix Hills, NY. Having grown up raising produce on his family’s farm, Lloyd decided to venture into nursery crop production. Starting with Taxus, which remains one of the company’s primary crops today, the product line and acreage expanded with the purchase, in the early 1960’s, of farmland in Laurel, NY. Through the years this operation has grown to encompass 625 acres, producing a wide range of premium container and field grown plants.
The main office and sales yard continues to operate on a 12 acre site in Dix Hills.